I need a canopy for a Revell A6 Intruder 1/48 scale...

I need a canopy for a Revell A6 Intruder 1/48 scale. Any options?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Pulqui II avatar
6 years ago #2
Pulqui II
Bronze Member
Blogs: 0
Forum: 66
Votes: 6

Hi there,

How should I call you? I don't think you'd have so many options left other than to try Revell's webpage for a replacement part or getting the part from some fellow modeller to vacuum-form it yourself.

I'll check aftermarket canopy manufacturers to see if you get lucky. Keep yer fingers crossed!

6 years ago #3
Gary

Thanks for your response to the canopy question.
My name is Gary, sorry for not including that in the original message.
Revell has nothing for that kit. If you find a source for an after-market one please post it here.
I'll check back in a day or so.
Thank you very much Pulqui II!!

Sponsored Links
Pulqui II avatar
6 years ago #4
Pulqui II
Bronze Member

Gary wrote:

Revell has nothing for that kit.

Yes, it does, Gary. Here's a link to Revell's replacement part service and support. If you've got the kit UPC code and the canopy part number, you can order one from them.

http://www3.revell.com/Need-Parts.parts.0.html

In the event that you didn't have any of the numbers, you can still try to get the guys in Revell to help you out. They did it for me, y'know. 😉

Gary wrote:

If you find a source for an after-market one please post it here.
I'll check back in a day or so.

Awlright, my mate. I will, but I haven't found anything as of yet. That's why I insist on Revell. I've been terribly busy these past days; sorry.

Gary wrote:

Thank you very much Pulqui II!!

Yer quite welcome! 😄

6 years ago #5
Gary

Thanks for all of your effort. I'll check on the link you gave me. I had previously contacted Revell customer service with the kit number (4578)and they responed that they have NOTHING for this kit, not even instructions. Not that I needed them, but surely you would think a company that size would have had e-filed instructions.
Best Regards...Gary

Pulqui II avatar
6 years ago #6
Pulqui II
Bronze Member

Hmph... funny thing that Revell had given me just about the same answer when I first contacted them for a replacement part. 😋

I ain't quite certain whether kit #4578 is still in production nowadays or not, but I'm sure that they ought to have a canopy replacement for that model.

Gary, I think you will have to go for a little scheming 😁 Tell the guys in Revell that the clear parts to your model are damaged or lost.

Contact Revell Technical Services Representative, Ron Merkel, at <email> and Replacement Parts Representative, Angie Pannarale, at <email>

They should give you some sort of solution to your problem, but you've got to insist. In the meantime, I will try to still look for an aftermarket vacuum-formed canopy for your kit.

Good luck, and keep me posted.

6 years ago #7
Gary... Intruder Canopy

Thank you PolquiII,
Ron from Revell replied and gave some dead-end contacts for replacement canopies. They have not produced this kit since the 80's.☹️ In your learned opinion would a canopy from a Testors kit fit the Revell?
Thanks, You're my Hero
Gary😊

Sponsored Links
Pulqui II avatar
6 years ago #8
Pulqui II
Bronze Member

Gary wrote:

Ron from Revell replied and gave some dead-end contacts for replacement canopies.

😲 Dead-end contacts? How's that, Gary? Have you tried them all already? Mind posting those contacts on here for me to try them?
I know some companies may have gone south ever since, but sometimes the contact in itself is useful enough to track down some of these companies' products.

Gary wrote:

They have not produced this kit since the 80's. :(

Hmph, that figures... I think I bought my kit in the early 90's. By the way, have you mentioned Ron that you were willing to pay for a replacement?

Gary wrote:

In your learned opinion would a canopy from a Testors kit fit the Revell?

Yes, I think the canopy from Testors might as well work on your kit, indeed. I know they're not the same mould, but if ever needed, some minor corrections will make it fit your model quite good.

Incidentally, are you from the States, Gary?

6 years ago #9
Loke

You can now request for the canopy for Revell's EA-6A, should be the same.

6 years ago #10
framer59000

Gary, If you still need the canopy for Revell kit 4578, I have a couple from older models that I didn't use. You are welcome to have one if you still need one. By the way, I was a plane captain on a6-e's with VA-34. greg

6 years ago #11
Gaetano ferrara

email me at <email> . I have a canopy for a Revell 1/48 scale A6 intruder.😊

6 years ago #12
Gary

Hello Greg,
Very sorry for the very delayed response. Do you still have the canopy and what would you require to purchase it? Brother was in VA-65 AIMD long ago.
Thanks a lot,
Gary

Sponsored Links
5 years ago #13
greg

gary, my e-mail is <email> . e-mail me with your address and it will be on its way. greg

5 years ago #14
greg

gary, its greg again ! i'm still waiting for your e-mail so you can get the canopy!

1 week ago #15
roy ferrara

do you still have that a6 canopy? ill buy it off you.

By entering this site you declare you read and agreed to its Terms, Rules & Privacy and you understand that your use of the site's content is made at your own risk and responsibility. Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Models Buzz